Is sleeping with my cat bad?
Despite the independent image that many have of cats, those who own one will know that it is a very sweet animal to which he likes to spend time with his caregivers.
If you have doubts about whether sleeping with your best friend is bad or good, in this article we will try to resolve your doubts in the best possible way by providing different points of view so that you can make the final decision yourself.
What do you think? Is sleeping with your cat bad? Share your experiences at the end of the post!
Is it healthy or not?
To begin you must identify which are the habits of your cat. Then we will explain why it is so important to consider what kind of life it takes and what places it usually frequents:
- If your feline He spends long hours on the street we recommend not sleeping with him. In addition to being susceptible to a flea infestation, for example, you can develop a large number of infections or diseases if you decide to hunt animals or eat food in poor condition.
- On the contrary if your cat resides only in the home It is less likely to suffer diseases. However, diseases such as toxoplasmosis can affect you without you noticing.
If your cat only travels through your house you can consider sleeping with him, but we recommend reading carefully the following points to ensure that you are healthy and free of all disease:
- Go to the vet and vaccinate your cat are the best measures to rule out a possible disease. The expert will check your cat to rule out the presence of internal and external parasites.
- Bathe your cat On a regular basis it is essential to ensure that your fur is not contaminated or dirty. Although the cat is a very clean animal, small toxins, oils or dirt that you bring home (in shoes for example) can remain there for a long time.
- The hygiene of the home, along with that of our cat, is essential for everything to be in harmony. It does not make any sense to bathe the animal regularly if the ground is dirty.
- Obviously if you are allergic to cat hair do not sleep with it.
Details to be considered
If you have decided to start sleeping with your cat you must have some things in mind. To start it can happen (especially the first few times) that your feline wakes up and therefore wake you up to you. It is usual until you both adapt to each other’s company and sleep together.
You should also consider being a little moved person since you could get to cheat unintentionally. Brushing regularly will also be very important since this way we will avoid the accumulation of hair in our bed.
Benefits of sleeping with your cat
In addition to greatly improve your relationship, the trust between you and the cat will be greatly increased. Cats, by nature, love to sleep with members of their own species and in their absence you will find a great coat.
In addition to strengthening your bonds, sleeping with the cat relaxes both of you. The feeling of company, warmth and relaxation It is very beneficial for both.
You will sleep more easily and happier. It is true! The sound of the purring of the cat helps to encourage a state of tranquility so the dream will be more pleasant and you will have a feeling of happiness.
Waking up with your cat is one of the best times of the day. Start the morning with your best friend giving each other caresses is really comforting and positive.
If you want to read more articles similar to Is sleeping with my cat bad?, we recommend that you enter in our Curiosities section of the animal world.