One of the most exciting moments once we have decided to live with a cat is to choose his name, and it is a very important decision because he will accompany us throughout his life. It is normal for caregivers to exhaustively search for the perfect name, so in this article we are going to offer a complete list of names of Greek mythology for cats, whether they are males or females, baby kittens or already mature cats. They are names of gods, titans and other mythological figures, as well as places where their adventures have been developed. As a complement, we will give some tips in order to help choose a good name for our cat.
In search of a perfect name for your cat
Before going on to the list of names in Greek mythology for cats, we are going to share some ideas to take into account to name our feline companion. They are the following:
- We can choose the name based on physical or psychological characteristics of our cat just receive it at home. For example, a shiny black may be called Patent or a cat with Fury character.
- Some people like to repeat the name that they had already given to another previous cat that has already passed away. Names as classic as Micho or his feminine Micha are used again and again by caregivers.
- Sometimes, a defect, a physical particularity or even a disease can determine a name and be the memory of the strength that the cat has had to overcome difficulties. For example, OjoPocho for a one-eyed or tiñoso kitten for those who have suffered this disease.
- Our environment is a good source of possible names. We refer to the place names, that is, the names of places.
- In the case of cats, we can choose longer names that if it were a dog (sound and short names are recommended to facilitate the understanding and attention of the dog), although we can also choose short names. Contrary to what some people think, cats do understand and respond to their name.
- If we adopt a cat that already has a name on it, we can change it without any problem. Just as he will get used to us, he will do it to a new name and can even help you break through a past that may have been complicated.
Then, to help make this important decision to the caregivers, we will offer an extensive list of names taken from Greek mythology and that may fit our future cat or cat very well. There are multiple options to choose from, there are more or less short, simple and more complex, known or not, with more or less sonority but, of course, all agree in their charisma, so that, sure, imprint character to our cat or cat.
Names of Greek mythology for cats
If you want to name a cat, next we review the names of Greek goddesses for cats, other deities and representative places:
- Afrodita: goddess of love and beauty.
- Alcmena: mortal and mother of Heracles.
- Amalthea: nymph, sometimes represented as a goat, nurse of Zeus.
- Sagebrush: goddess of the young and of the hunting.
- Athens: Greece capital.
- Atenea: goddess of wisdom and weapons.
- Cadmea: Thebes.
- Cibeles: another name of Rea.
- Crete: Greek island.
- Demether: protective of crops.
- Dione: mother goddess of Aphrodite.
- Dodona: the oracle of Dodona, is the most important after Delphi.
- Eleusis: city near Athens.
- Etna: volcano of Sicily.
- Europe: daughter of a king of Phenicia.
- Phoenicia: ancient region of the East.
- Gea: Mother Earth
- Hebe: daughter of Hera and Zeus.
- Ivy: goddess of women and domestic work, wife of Zeus.
- Hestia: protective of the home.
- Jellyfish: gorgona, monster with live snakes instead of hair that turned anyone who looked at it.
- MetisPrudence, aunt of Zeus.
- Noche: the first that separated from Chaos.
- Olympia: city of Greece.
- Bones: Mount of Greece.
- Pandora: means “all the gifts”.
- Pirra: daughter of Epimetheus and Pandora.
- Pythoness: priestess
- Quimera: monster with lion’s head, goat’s body and dragon’s tail.
- Sale: sister of Cronos.
- Salamina: Greek island.
- Sicily: Italian region
- Slash: city founded by Cadmo, also called Cadmea.
- Tethys: Nereid
- Tritogenia: old name of the city of Athens.
- Troy: city in Asia Minor
Names of Greek mythology for male cats
We complete this list of names of Greek mythology for cats reviewing those of gods, places, titans and other divinities with which we can call our new male cat. They are the following:
- Apollo: god of arts, health and clarity.
- Achilles: strongest warrior in all of Greece.
- Ares: God of War.
- Bellerophon: killed the Chimera.
- Briareo: monster of a hundred hands.
- Cadmus: brother of Europe, inventor of the writing and founder of Thebes.
- Chaos: magma of water and earth.
- Caucasus: region between Europe and Asia.
- Cyclops: Cyclopes are the sons of Gea and the blood of Uranus. Skillful blacksmiths
- Cronos: means “time” It is a titan.
- Delphi: most important oracle.
- Destination: son of Night.
- Deucalion: son of Prometheus.
- Dionysians: protector of the vineyards and wine.
- Efialto: monster, son of Gea and the blood of Uranus.
- Aegean: King of Athens.
- Epimetheus: titan
- Hades: brother of Zeus, he has a helmet that makes him invisible.
- Hephaestus: god of the forge, son of Gea with terrible malformations.
- Heracles: son of Zeus and Alcmena, also called Hercules.
- Hercules: synonym of Heracles.
- Hermes: god of commerce and thieves.
- Ilium: Troy
- Iapetus: titan
- Jason: son of King Esón.
- Minotauro: monster with the body of a man and the head of a bull.
- Ocean: titan
- Olympus: mountain of Greece where the gods live.
- Orpheus: musician.
- Here: monster son of Gea and the blood of Uranus.
- Pan: pastor god
- I fight: husband of Tethys.
- Perseus: demigod son of Zeus who kills the Medusa.
- Poseidon: god of the sea, brother of Zeus.
- Prometheus: titan
- Tántalo: son of Zeus.
- Tartar: abyss where Cronos encloses his brothers.
- Themistocles: Greek general.
- Teseo: son of the Aegean king.
- Typhoon: monster of a hundred heads, son of Gea and the blood of Uranus.
- Titan: the titans are the sons of Gea and Uranus.
- Uranus: son of Gea.
- Zeus: god of Olympus, son of Rhea.
All these names can function as a source of inspiration so that, from them, we can invent original names, adapting or modifying them, with augmentatives or diminutives, for example, since what we are dealing with is that the name selected for our cat is special to us . Once the name has been chosen, do not forget to prepare the arrival of the kitten!
If you want to read more articles similar to Names of Greek mythology for cats and cats, we recommend that you enter in our Names section.