Meatloaf for cats
The feeding of the cat is one of the essential cares to preserve its good health. Every feline, whether mestizo or of a defined race, requires a complete and balanced nutrition to optimally develop their physical, cognitive, emotional and social abilities. Therefore, it is vital to provide your kitten with a diet that integrally meets their nutritional requirements.
The ideal is to have the guidance of a veterinarian when choosing the best diet for your cat. Whether you choose a balanced diet based on dry or wet feed or a BARF diet, the knowledge and experience of the veterinarian will be decisive to adjust the amount and daily food intake, in addition to ensuring that your nutrition is perfectly suited to your age and the needs of your body.
However, you can also prepare some delicious homemade recipes to enrich your day to day. The preparations made at home, using beneficial ingredients for the health of the cat and, especially, with much love, provide not only important nutrients for the development of your cat, but also incorporate aromas, textures and flavors that will awaken your cat’s appetite and make you feel very special.
In, we always invite you to discover in the wonderful world of baking for cats, which includes a variety of cookies, cakes, muffins, etc. This time we will teach you how to make a delicious homemade cat meat pie and very nutritious. Keep reading to discover this new recipe!
Making a nutritious and healthy cat cake
This meatloaf for cats is not only delicious, but also provides some very beneficial nutrients for the health of our cats. As its main ingredient is veal and we also add eggs When prepared, it shows a high content of good quality proteins.
Of course, we must always ensure the provenance of the meat and eggs used in our recipes. It is also essential to ensure their optimal maintenance by taking them to our home. But anyway, to avoid any kind of contamination, we will boil the meat for a few minutes before using it to make our cat cake. In addition, we give you the best tips so you know how to prepare meat for your cats and keep it in optimum condition.
As we also incorporate healthy ingredients, such as oats, pumpkin and parsley, our cake will also provide fiber, vitamins and minerals to our cat’s diet. In addition, we will also have the properties of olive oil for cats and the anti-inflammatory and digestive action of turmeric for an even healthier preparation.
On the other hand, we will never use prohibited foods for cats, and we will avoid adding cow’s milk, high-fat cheeses, onions, garlic, peppers, leeks, white flour and refined (not whole) in our recipe. In this way, we get a highly digestible meatloaf for our pigs and prevent gastrointestinal disorders, such as gas, diarrhea or vomiting.
Homemade meat pie recipe for cats
Look at all the ingredients and the step-by-step elaboration of this cat meat pie below.
- 100 gr of good quality beef
- 40 ml of aceite oliva
- ½ cup of boiled and crushed pumpkin (“pureed”)
- ½ cup of whole oatmeal (preferably organic)
- ½ cup of wholemeal flour
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 / 3 cup of cottage cheese (optional, for coverage)
- Fresh chopped parsley (optional, to decorate)
- First, we quickly boil the meat and then cut it into very small pieces when it is already at room temperature.
- While boiling, we put the oven to preheat at a temperature of approximately 160ºC.
- We take a source and beat the eggs, olive oil and baking until they are well integrated. Then we add the pumpkin puree and the meat, and then we mix everything.
- Now we can add the dry elements (flour, oats, turmeric) and integrate all the ingredients, to obtain the mass of our cake for cats.
- We transfer the dough to a cake mold of our preference and introduce it in the preheated oven.
- After baking the preparation for a few 20 or 25 minutes, we can verify the correct cooking and remove the meatloaf from the oven.
- Now, just let it cool until it reaches room temperature before serving our pussycat. If we want a better presentation, we can decorate the cake with a cover of cotagge cheese and fresh parsley chopped on top.
- This homemade meat pie for cats can be kept up to 5 days in the fridge and up to 3 months in the freezer.
Surprise your cat with this homemade meat pie on his birthday!
If you were looking for some ideas from birthday cakes for cats, you have already found a healthy and delicious recipe. As you can see, its preparation is very easy and fast, so you will not need much time and it will be quite economical. And if you prefer, you can use the same recipe to make exquisite Cakes for cats. To do this, simply replace the traditional pan with small special molds to cupcakes.
As it is a very special celebration, you can also improve the decoration of the meat pie for your cat, for example, using some snacks of your liking, or even with the same ingredients that you used in the recipe. A little bit of creativity and a lot of love, an economical and simple recipe becomes the best birthday cake for your cat.
Now that you know how to make this exquisite meat pie for cats, it is enough to encourage you to prepare it for your cat. And of course, we would love to know what this delicious homemade cake looked like to your pussycat. Leave us your comment and share your experience!
If you want to read more articles similar to Meatloaf for cats, we recommend that you enter in our section of Homemade Diets.