5 pate recipes for cats
There are many tutors who wonder if The pate It is a good food for your cats or if it can cause digestive problems. The benefits provided by the pâté in the nutrition of our pigs will depend mainly on the ingredients that we use in the preparation.
Therefore, we will always base our homemade recipes for cats in good quality meats (beef, beef, turkey, chicken, fish, etc.), also incorporating vegetables recommended for cats, such as pumpkin, carrot or spinach. Eventually, we can also incorporate egg, lean cheese (cotagge), vegetable milk, rice or wholemeal pasta to complement the recipe, making it more attractive and nutritious for our cats.
However, the pates they should not be the basis of feeding the cat, especially of adult cats. Although we incorporate adequate proportions of the essential nutrients in our pates, our felines will also need to eat solid foods, since their teeth are prepared and designed for it: they need mechanical action to stay clean.
For adult cats, the pates can be offered as a reward for good behavior or simply as a way to please them and show them 2 or 3 affection times a week. However, pâtés can be a very good option of homemade food for elderly cats or homemade food for kittens that are finishing weaning and starting to try new foods, because they facilitate digestion and do not need to be chewed.
Do you want to know how to prepare very tasty and healthy pates for your feline companion? Then, keep reading this article to discover 5 pate recipes for cats.
1. Chicken liver pate for cats
El Chicken Liver Pate It is a classic not only for cats, but also in international cuisine. In addition to being very tasty for our cats, chicken liver also provides proteins, vitamins, iron and other minerals that help strengthen your immune system and, therefore, improve your physical endurance.
For cats puppies and the elderly, is also an excellent ally in the fight against anemia. In our recipe, we also incorporate the anti-inflammatory, digestive and antioxidant properties of turmeric.
Here’s how to prepare homemade chicken liver pate for your cat:
- 400 grams of chicken liver (if you want, you can also include the hearts)
- 1 / 2 cup of raw spinach cut finely
- 1 / 3 cup of vegetable rice milk (preferably, whole grain)
- 1 / 3 cup of oats (preferably organic)
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric (optional)
- If you have freshly purchased fresh livers, you can cook them directly in water only for 2 or 3 minutes, until they are completely cooked inside and out. If the liver is frozen, you will need to let it defrost before cooking.
- When the livers are already at room temperature, we will process them together with the vegetable milk and oats.
- We will incorporate finely chopped spinach and turmeric to complete the preparation.
- With the finished chicken liver pate, you can now serve your pussycat.
2. Cat salmon pate
El salmon It is one of the noblest fish that we can offer to our feline, due to its high contribution of lean proteins, good fats such as omega 3, vitamins and minerals. Here we will explain how to prepare a nutritious recipe for salmon pâté, ideal for cats of all ages. But in addition, you can also learn to make exquisite salmon muffins.
- 300 grams of fresh salmon without skin or 1 can of salmon with oil or natural
- 1 teaspoon (cottage) of cottage cheese
- 1 / 2 grated carrot
- Fresh parsley finely chopped
- If you choose to use fresh salmon, the first thing you should do is cook it quickly. You can take a pan with a little olive oil to the fire and just cook three to four minutes each side of the salmon fillet. If you bet on the salmon can, you can skip this step.
- With the salmon already cooked at room temperature, we step on it with a fork to crumble it.
- Then, we add the cottage cheese, the finely grated carrot and the parsley. Mix well until you get a homogeneous pâté.
- Ready! Now you can see how your cat enjoys this tasty recipe for homemade salmon paté.
3. Homemade chicken and green bean pate for cats
This chicken pate and green beans It offers lean proteins, ideal for obese or overweight cats, but also shows a high content of fibers and vitamins. Beans or green beans have a good supply of water, which is ideal for help hydrate to your cat and prevent a dehydration picture.
To complement our recipe, we also incorporate garlic, which is a powerful natural antiparasite for dogs and cats, however, it must be offered in a limited way and in small quantities, because an excess of this food can be toxic.
We explain how to prepare this beneficial chicken and green bean pate for your cat:
- Breast or chicken leg (1 unit)
- 1 / 2 cup of green beans previously cooked
- 1 spoonful (tureen) of natural yogurt without sugars (you can also use Greek yogurt)
- 1 / 2 garlic grated or cut into very small pieces
- 1 teaspoon of flax meal
- First we cook the chicken breast with water and we hope it is at room temperature to continue with the recipe. If you want to cook the beans along with the chicken, you should remember that these vegetables require a longer cooking time than chicken meat. Therefore, you should remove the breast from the water and continue cooking the beans, or cook them separately (which is more advisable).
- With the chicken already at room temperature, we start processing the breast and beans until we obtain a homogeneous paste.
- Then, we incorporate yogurt, garlic and flax meal. We mix everything neatly and we already have our cat pâté prepared.
4. Tuna pate for cats
This recipe is ideal for those days when we do not have so much time to dedicate ourselves to cooking, but we do not want to avoid offering an exquisite homemade preparation to our cats. Using canned tuna, we can prepare a nutritious and economical pâté in just 5 minutes.
However, remember that you should not regularly offer canned tuna to your kittens, since preserves contain a lot of sodium and other chemicals that can be toxic in high concentrations. To enjoy all the benefits of tuna for cats, you will need to give preference to fresh tuna.
- 1 can of tuna in oil (you can use tuna naturally and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the preparation).
- 1 / 2 cup of sweet potato puree boiled in water (you can use potatoes if you do not have sweet potatoes).
- 1 spoonful (porridge) of oats (if organic, better).
- 1 / 2 teaspoon of cinnamon powder.
- To make this pate express for your cat, you only need to open the can and mix the fish with the other ingredients, until you get a homogeneous and consistent mixture.
- Then, you can satisfy the appetite of your pussycat. Simple, fast and exquisite!
5. Meat and pumpkin pate for cats
La pumpkin It is an excellent vegetable for cats, especially when we combine its vitamins and fibers with the proteins and minerals of beef or lamb. This combination allows us to make a natural food for cats highly nutritious and easily digested, ideal to prevent and combat constipation in cats. To make our recipe even more nutritious, we also incorporate brewer’s yeast, one of the best natural supplements for cats.
- 300 grams of ground beef or lamb
- 1 / 2 pumpkin puree cup (you can also use zucchini)
- 1 / 2 cup of broth without onion
- 1 teaspoon grated cheese
- 1 teaspoon of brewer’s yeast
- First, we cook the ground meat for at least five minutes in a pan with olive oil. To prevent it from drying or burning, we can add a little of the broth (or water) at this time. If you prefer, you can cut the meat by knife into small pieces, instead of using ground meat.
- Then, we will process the meat with the pumpkin puree and the broth until a consistent and homogeneous mixture is obtained.
- Lastly, we incorporate grated cheese and brewer’s yeast, and we can now serve our homemade pate to our cat.
Do you want to know more homemade recipes for cats?
If you have loved our cat pates, you may also like our cat cake recipes, ideal for a special occasion. You will find in many and varied ideas of homemade recipes that we elaborate to help you offer a complete, balanced and very tasty nutrition to your kittens.
However, always remember the importance of consult a veterinarian before incorporating new foods or making radical changes in your cats’ diet. If you are thinking of starting to prepare homemade recipes on a daily basis you should seek advice from the specialist, who will guide you so that you know how to offer a varied diet that respects the Nutritional requirements of your cats without causing health problems.
If you want to read more articles similar to 5 pate recipes for cats, we recommend that you enter in our section of Homemade Diets.