Cats love to meow at all times. After all, it’s the way they ask us for attention and communicate with us or with the environment.
Most of us find it funny and we find it funny, but. What if your cat starts to meow all night? Of course that is not so funny or fun anymore. And how can we make the cat stop meowing? Let’s see several ways to do it.
Find out why meows
Answer any of these questions:
- Is your cat hungry?
- Do you want to leave?
- Want to play?
- Are you in heat?
- Have you taken any medication?
To solve the problem, you must know the reason why meows. There is no magical system with which you are going to get it not to mew, so you will have to start from the root, which is to know the problem that you have and that makes you meow. It is also important to analyze your cat’s body language to see if it is related to the meows.
Along with meowing, body language is the key to understanding what the cat wants or what it needs and why it tries to get our attention.
Solutions to get me to stop meowing
Depending on the reason for whining, we can take one solution or another. In this article we will give you the 5 most common solutions for these problems:
- Sterilize or castrate your cat. The cats often meow to attract other cats, while the cats do it to answer them or to tell their owners “let me out”. If your cat or cat is constantly meowing because it wants to go out and you hear that there are other cats in your area making the same noise, neutering or sterilizing it may be the solution.
- Clean your sandbox more frequently. Cats are very clean and they hate that their litter box is dirty. In fact, they will not even use it if it is a bit dirty because they hate to do their business on the stained sand. Maybe the reason why I groan is because the box is dirty, even if it does not look like it to you. To avoid this problem, clean the box every night and check it a couple of times a day to see if it’s clean.
- Have fun and have fun with games. Sometimes we believe that cats do not need to play because they are not dogs, but far from it. Small cats need to exercise, get tired and have fun to be happy. If they chew us a lot and get close to their toys it could mean that what they want is for us to play with them. Buy him toys that challenge his intelligence, play with him every day and in this way you will tire him out and he will not meow you so much. You can also think about adopting a friend for him in a center of host animals.
- Leave food and water at a fixed time. The routine is essential for your cat to get used to eating at a certain time. If you can not establish it, you may want to eat at the 9 in the morning, at the 7 in the afternoon or at the 4 at dawn. Establish a schedule and always leave water and some food at night, in this way we will prevent him from mauling to wake up and ask us to feed him.
- Go to the veterinarian if it persists. If your cat is very strong, it could be suffering from a health problem. When it is repetitive, it does it very often and the intensity and volume of the meow is not normal, you should go to your veterinarian.
It is always best to prevent than to cure. What other advice do you recommend to make your cat stop meowing? Does your cat mew much for some reason that we have not described here? Comment and we will help you to solve it.
If you want to read more articles similar to Tips to make a cat stop meowing, we recommend that you enter in our Basic Education section.