Homemade food for cats – Fish recipe
Offering homemade food to our cat from time to time is a pleasure for us and for him, who enjoys fresh and healthy food. In addition, it helps you understand your cat’s food needs. Of course, you must take precaution with the food you include in it and for this reason you must ensure that the product you offer is of quality and suitable for him.
In this article we will accompany you step by step preparing a very special recipe for your feline that you can enjoy several days. Keep reading to start preparing homemade cat food, fish recipe.
How to make homemade fish diet?
The fish is a excellent food for the feline, however we must take into account some precautions when offering fish. Tuna, for example, should be avoided, especially if it is canned, because of its content of mercury, bisphenol and the high levels of sodium it presents.
Of course, other fish can be excellent at the protein level, in addition to providing healthy fatty acids, such as omega 3 and omega 6 or type B vitamins. Remember that you must always use good quality products, natural and fresh to not cause any kind of problem in the digestive system of your pet.
Follow this simple fish recipe to make your pet happy!
- 500 grams of fish (tuna or salmon for example)
- 100 grams of prawns and peeled mussels
- 100 grams of pumpkin
- 75 grams of rice
- A little bit of brewer’s yeast
- Two eggs
Step by step of the homemade fish diet:
- We boil the rice and the pumpkin.
- In a separate saucepan we will also boil the two eggs and once cooked we will crush them with the included shell, ideal for an extra supply of calcium.
- We cook for a short time in a saucepan and without oil the prawns and mussels.
- Cut the fish into very small cubes and add them to the pan, cooking it lightly to avoid any health problems.
- Mix all the ingredients: fish cubes, prawns and mussels, boiled pumpkin, chopped eggs and rice. Help with your hands to achieve a homogeneous mass.
After the homemade fish diet we can store it in the freezer using a tupper or plastic bags, you will have enough for several days.
If your intention is to feed your cat only with homemade diets go to your veterinarian so that it suggests to you what foods you should vary and incorporate so that your pet does not suffer food deficiencies. If on the other hand, you want to offer homemade meals only from time to time it will be enough that you alternate this type of diet with the feed on an occasional basis.
If you want to read more articles similar to Homemade food for cats – Fish recipe, we recommend that you enter in our section of Homemade Diets.