Natural anti-inflammatories for cats
The use of human drugs can be very dangerous for our pets if they have not been prescribed by the veterinarian, in the same way, many veterinary drugs, despite having been administered correctly, can cause various side effects in their attempt to treat any of the common diseases for cats.
The side effects of some veterinary drugs are potentially dangerous when you need to continue treatment for extended periods of time, that’s when we need to protect the health of our cat in a more natural and respectful way with your body.
In this article we expose you the best natural anti-inflammatories for cats.
The process of inflammation in cats
Inflammatory processes are not very different if they occur in the body of a cat or in our body, in both cases the inflammation may be due to very diverse causes among which we can highlight a traumatism, a bone disease or a viral, fungal or bacterial condition. The inflammatory process is mediated by multiple chemical reactions, but is finally characterized by The following symptoms:
- Tumor: It refers to the swelling that occurs in inflamed tissues.
- Blush: For greater sanguineous irrigation we could observe the inflamed zones of a reddish color, this becomes especially evident when the inflammation has been produced by wounds.
- Heat: Also due to a greater blood supply, the inflamed area will have a higher body temperature.
- Pain: Our cat can manifest it in multiple ways, with greater restlessness, difficulty of movement or changes in appetite
Natural remedies for inflammation in cats
If your cat shows symptoms of inflammation it will be a priority to go to the veterinarian as soon as possible, as it is very important determine the cause of the inflammation. In the case that it is not a serious condition the veterinarian will indicate if you can do without pharmacological treatment and use more natural therapeutic resources.
If this is the case, you should know that There are several natural anti-inflammatories for cats, some very simple, but none the less effective. Let’s see what they are:
- Local heat: If you have a thermal bag or a bag of hot water, you have an anti-inflammatory for your cat. When we apply local heat to the affected area, there is a dilation of the blood vessels, which reduces inflammation and alleviates pain very quickly.
- Marigold: Calendula is a plant, in fact, it is the best plant to use when inflammation is associated with wounds. We can apply the mother tincture of this plant through a hot water compress that we will apply on the affected area, although it would be ideal to acquire a calendula-based cream that does not present contraindications if applied topically to our cat.
- Apple vinager: Apple cider vinegar is useful to treat inflammation because it increases the levels of potassium in the cat’s organism, thus facilitating the purification of the organism and also all the waste substances that are part of the inflammatory process and aggravate it. One teaspoon should be added daily in the cat’s water, renewing the water the next day.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is a culinary species with multiple medicinal properties, among them, it has anti-inflammatory activity. Simply add half a teaspoon of turmeric to your cat’s food, every day.
- Olive oil and blue fish: These foods contain Omega-3 essential fatty acids, which have an important anti-inflammatory activity, which is also very effective.
It is important that you consult with your veterinarian before applying any of these remedies, since taking into account the clinical history of your cat, he will confirm if there may be some type of contraindication or not.
Other tips to treat inflammation in cats
Here are some other tips that will help make the natural treatment against inflammation more effective:
- If the affected area compromises the optimal mobility of your cat it is imperative that you try with all your strength to maintain much of the day at rest, because the more we move an inflamed tissue, the more it becomes inflamed.
- The pain produced by the inflammation can reduce the appetite of your cat, therefore, you should feed it with wet, odorous and tasty food.
- When inflammation is associated with trauma with open wounds is important apply an antiseptic (your veterinarian will tell you which) and whenever possible do not cover the wound to favor better healing.
- We must ensure that our cat drinks as much water as possible and decrease the presence of salt in your diet, in this way, it will reduce your body volume and improve the evolution of the inflamed tissue.
- Do not administer anti-inflammatories for human use, it could be life-threatening.
This article is merely informative, in .com we do not have the faculty to prescribe veterinary treatments or make any kind of diagnosis. We invite you to take your pet to the veterinarian in case of any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Natural anti-inflammatories for cats, we recommend that you enter in our section of Other health problems.