Home remedies for mites in cats
Although cats are known to be much more detached than dogs (the truth is that they can not be compared because both have a completely different nature), they also need your time and your care to maintain a perfect state of physical, mental health And social.
Fortunately, more and more often we begin to be aware of the importance of treating our pet with more natural and less aggressive resources for their organism, not only because they are effective, but also because they also act on multiple occasions stimulating the immune system.
If you want to treat your pet in a natural way, in this article we show you the best home remedies for mites in cats.
Mites in cats
Mites are parasites that are found in our environment, are usually present in the fields and on the lawn and can get to infest your cat, adhering to their skin and thus feeding on his blood or wax that they find in the auditory channel.
Mites generally adhere to areas of skin that are thinner, so they are usually present on the inside of the cat’s thighs, between the fingers or in their ears.
A cat parasitized by mites will show the following symptoms:
- Frequent licks between the fingers
- Intense and continued itching
- Presence of a black liquid in the ears
- Skin lesions as a result of intense scratching
What should I do if I suspect that my cat may be parasitized by mites?
If you have hosted other pets in your home, the first thing you should do is separate the cat of them, since mites are very easily spread from one animal to another by direct contact.
Next we must go to the vet To verify the diagnosis, it will generally be based on the symptoms presented by the animal and will analyze the fluid in the ear or the desquamations that may occur in the affected area.
It is very important that you go to the veterinarian because if the infestation is serious complications can be caused as bacterial infections or rupture of blood vessels.
In addition, the veterinarian will indicate if in the specific case of your cat it is possible to apply natural remedies or if by the degree of parasitization you should resort to a chemical acaricide.
Home remedies for mites in cats
Let’s see below what home remedies you can use to treat mites naturally in your cat:
- Garlic maceration: We must crush a garlic and include it in a cup of hot olive oil, then let it marinate overnight. The next morning and with the help of a drop count, we will put a few drops of oil in the affected area, let it act for a few minutes and then remove with a sterile gauze. This treatment must last a minimum of 21 days.
- Tea tree essential oil: It is one of the most effective natural remedies to deworm a cat. If the skin is healthy, we can apply a few drops on the affected area each day, however, if the skin has wounds, the application will also be daily but we must mix the essential oil of the tea tree with a base oil (rosehip, argan or sweet almonds). Mix approximately 20 drops of tea tree essential oil in 100 milliliters of base oil, apply 5 to 10 drops of this preparation daily. The treatment must be continued until the total disappearance of symptoms.
- Corn oil: This oil softens the skin, promotes wound healing and also suffocates mites. First we will clean the affected area and then, using a cotton ball soaked in corn oil, massage the affected area. 1 should be applied once a day for 3 days.
- Almond oil with vitamin E: We will prepare an eyedropper with almond oil (although it can also be olive) and we will add 400 UI (international units) of vitamin E, which can be easily found in a pharmacy. We will heat this mixture at room temperature. We will apply a few drops on the affected area. We must administer this remedy in alternate days during 6 days, later we will make a rest of 3 days and we will apply in the previous way. The treatment should last a total of 6 weeks.
- Yellow dock root: We will need an extract of yellow dock root or romaza, we will dilute 9 drops of this extract in a tablespoon of water. We will apply this mixture in the affected area. We will administer this remedy on alternate days for several weeks to ensure that the mites are completely finished.
Prevent mites in cats
Preventing mites in cats is our responsibility as owners. A Effective prevention is very simple, we only need to deworm our cat 2 times a year if it does not have contact with the outside, or every three months in the opposite case.
That’s why we recommend you take your cat periodically to the vet, he will tell you what products are best suited to deworming and how often your cat needs this type of preventive treatments.
This article is merely informative, in .com we do not have the faculty to prescribe veterinary treatments or make any kind of diagnosis. We invite you to take your pet to the veterinarian in case of any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Home remedies for mites in cats, we recommend you to enter our section of Home Remedies.